Monday, December 17, 2007

Tagged:Wicked Me!

On the face of it i come across as a simpleton and naive *anyone can vouch for this*.People who dont know me easily believe that i am as innocent as a sheep (*in wolves clothing - for those who know*). But I love to be wicked and to be honest i am not always at it (i am usually good to people).Its only when circumstances make me behave WICKED i do!

Incident mentioned here is dated in year 2002.

Mrids and I use to share a room in Lajpat Nagar! We both were on our first assignment(job).Mrids use to work with Maersk and me with Goodyear Tyres.On the first Diwali chutti we were desperate for a break and reach our respective homes. We had booked our tickets well in advance. We left work really early and left from Lajpat at about 4.Both of us had a train from New Delhi Railway Station, me at 6 and mrids at 5.30.Diwali had just started and Delhi was crowded like crazy. We couldn’t make it to station on time and we both missed our trains. Mrids somehow managed getting into a train and reaching home by next morning.

With me however it was different case, next train to Nagpur was next day noon. So i went to stay with Ashish's buaji and then took the ticket next day and managed to get into Kerala Express that halts in Nagpur. Air Tickets were very costly at that time. Even a thought of taking air route crossed once our mind.

Got into a second class compartment and hogged on a Side Sleeper seat coz it was empty. I was happily sitting there, thinking how lucky am i to get a seat in such a crowded train! My happiness was short lived, a Mallu guys came over and started claiming the seat i was sitting on!!!

So i gave him a look straight out of hindi movie- kareena kapoor daft look or as i and reshma call it - did a namrata on him and said "I sat here first so this is my seat"!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA...I couldn’t believe myself that i said that and it was me who did it! Poor guy was shocked beyond point and didn’t know what to say in reply.He got my ticket done and did let me sit there the entire night(this train took more time than normal trains to cover 1094kms).This train was crowded to the hilt. People were even sleeping on the train floor and two people were sleeping on a seat. On this particular seat that i was sitting had company of two more. One this mallu guy and one uncle and one me! The seat belonged to the mallu guy and uncle and i was a guest. This guy actually fought with uncle so that i could also share the seat.
Next day before Nagpur arrived i clarified my daftness to this guy and he was surprised and was feeling foolish for getting fooled by someone like me!I don't recollect his name,but he took my id and he is added on my msn list.He did chat after that and i had to explain and narrate the entire story to him! We had a good hearty laugh at my wickedness and his foolishness!!!!

6 comments:

rayshma said...

that is IT? u think i'm gonna fall for the "thats-d-only-time-i-was-wicked" line!?
how abt all the days u harassed "gundu"... or M.. or how u behaved when d food lady with d perfume OD arrived in office.. or d REL tales... or d innumerable hungama and train tales?! u're even wicked to cabbies! :D

Suruchi said...

hehehe! well! i was at my best during this one...i agree to my wickedness to Gundu,M and all...but they asked for it! This one was on purpose!

Anonymous said...

Its so nice that while travelling in train so many interesting things happen that become memorable for different reasons.

rayshma said...

and leaving CDs with d paan-waala? that was VERY intentional! HAHAHA!!
but yeah, this is very out of character from what i know of u! :))

Suruchi said...

raysh- true! this is very much unlike me! Leaving CDs with paanwala is still getting me loads of accolades;)

Kalyan:Train journey was one thing i use to detest initially...but eventually had loads of adventures on board! Will surely blog them soon!

rayshma said...

if u'd met ashu on the train, we cud've claimed rights to the original story of "jab we met"... when will u blog ur train *mis*adventures?
have fun, woman! me shall wait for the pics... :)